1. Eat the food and get the flavours and textures of the local culture inside you. Nothing transports you faster into a Cape Town kind of feeling than tasting its unique multi-cultural cuisine. Get into Cape Dutch, Indian, French and British dishes. African game meat can have you snacking on zebra and springbok, among other wild game options. Bunnychow is a classic Gujarati in South Africa fast-food like no other on the planet. Curry inside a loaf of bread, which is oozing with spicy flavours. Plus, you can get great fish and chips at the Cape.
2. Kayaking with whales will take you out of your comfort zone and into the serene blue sea, surrounded by aquatic life. See otters, dolphins, penguins, sunfish, Cape fur seals and amazing jellyfish. Breathe it all in and feel alive!
3. Get the helicopter ride of your life over and around Cape Town. These fantastic, next generation, airships provide in-flight guided tours of the city and its features. Imagine flying over Robben Island, where they kept Nelson Mandela incarcerated for decades. You will be amazed at the beauty of this city and surrounds.
4. Wine tasting is a way to imbibe the soul of the landscape. There are more than 2000 vineyards in the Western Cape. They make some sensational wines and are ready and waiting for you. There are wine tours galore to choose from and multiple ways to arrive at the estates of your choice. You can fly there or drive there.
5. Cook up a storm with a Malay cooking course, where you can discover the delicious spices of Cape Malay cuisine.
6. How about a kaleidoscope of contemporary African Art on display at Zeits MOCAA Museum – the world’s largest collection of this type of Art.
7. Explore local Cape Town caves located around the place. The Stadsaal Caves at Cederberg contain Khoisan rock art. Seaside caves at Arniston will blow you away with their rugged beauty. Lion’s Head and Watchman’s Cave is another visual feast for the eye.
8. Spend a day in one of the many nature reserves around Cape Town. The wildlife will knock your spots off and stripe you with real pleasure.
9. Float your boat at Langebaan. Enjoy life on a houseboat in this West Coast National Park. A wonderful way to relax.
10. Visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and experience the treetop canopy walkway.